Our good friend David Cross introduced us to this simple recipe and it fast became a fan favorite for all of our big cooks for charity or crowds. A spin on the traditional mayonnaise or mustard based cole slaw this one uses ranch dressing, but does not have the ranch flavor profile you would expect.
- 3 cups coleslaw mix (we like to buy the kits from the grocery store or for larger crowds from the restaurant supply store)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup mexicorn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
In a large bowl, combine the slaw mix, mexicorn, jalapeno, red onion, cilantro and shredded cheese
In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, lime juice and cumin.
Pour over the coleslaw and toss to coat.
Refrigerate until serving.